Tuesday, October 6, 2009

North School Bears Cross Country Win!

Caity has been training at school since she went back in September twice a week for cross country and today was race day against the other two local elementary schools.

Sprinting the final 100 meters to the finish line!
(she's the small one in the red tshirt)

She did absolutely fabulous, despite getting a cramp right at the start she "pushed through it" as she told me because she was determined to do her best, I'm so totally and utterly proud of her I could burst!

North School Bears Cross Country Team
(Lil Bear is 1st row, 2nd from left)

I find sports locally in the schools here sometimes too competetive and I have always tried to encourage her just to do the best she can and above all else have fun. This was one sport I felt she could be part of without so much of the pressure on winning, rather than taking part and doing your personal best although I'm very happy to report that the North School girls actually won the plaque for the overall best score for a girls team.

Celebrating Winning Overall Best Girls Team

Compared to most of the 5th graders she's a tiny lil bear with a heart as big as infinity and determination to match and today was one day I won't forget for a long time to come.

No comments: